English Learner Advisory Committee
The English Learner Advisory Committee is a school-level committee of English Learner parents, staff, and community members designated to advise and assist school officials in making important decisions related to services and programs for English learners. Each California public school with 21 or more English learners must form an English Learner Advisory Committee.
Purposes of the ELAC
To provide parents of English Learners the opportunity to:
- Participate in the school’s needs assessments of students, parents and teachers.
- Advise the principal and school staff on the school’s program for English Learners.
- Provide input on the most effective ways to ensure regular school attendance.
- Advise the school on the annual language census.
- Advise the School Site Council on the development of the School Improvement Plan.
ELAC Meetingsare held in the library at 4:00 pm on the following dates:
October 26, 2022
January 26, 2023
March 9, 2023
May 11, 2023